Weird footswitch problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr GearHead

Reaction score
Had my 1st band practise with the Stiletto Ace yesterday so used the footswitch for the 1st time. The channel selector doesn’t seem to be working properly, it just wont stay in the 1st channel, it keeps switching back over to channel 2, sometimes straight away, some times after about 30-60sec.
I am pretty sure I have set everything up right, channel select button to the middle, footswitch plugged into the front (using the cable that came with it). It’s weird because it never switches from channel 2 to channel 1, the only thing explanation I have is the footswitch likes distortion !!.

I phoned the shop I got it from and they are sending me a new pedal but if it is the pedal then surely it would switch between channels randomly ?. Anyone come across this before (I will be gutted if it’s the amp).

On the plus side the Ace sounds quality, after the 1st song the rest of the guys were saying that we never sounded so good. For the 1st time I feel like I am complementing the other guitarist and not competing. The solo boost is fantastic I am never buying another amp that doesn’t have one.

cheers

that is indeed strange - maybe the place you practise is haunted by a ghost who loves his distortion!

if the fs cable is properly pushed in, i tip its a shortcut in the cable or shoes. you set the fs control switches properly?

if has haunted it would blow up the crappy korg pedal fed Marshall Valvestate that our other guitarist uses.

They probably gave you the wrong cable to connect it with, the behavior mimics that of using the wrong type.

Latest posts

Back