Weber To Offer Hemp!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
Word today from the Weber forums, from the Grand Wazoo himself.....

Starting in a few weeks Weber will begin offering "Hemp Cone" as a cone option on certain select models, notably.......

(post dated Aug 2, 2010)

On a side note; we will have our own "Hemp" cones in about 2 weeks. 10" and 12" versions; you will have the option of choosing this cone with any of our 10" speakers with a voice coil 1.5" of larger; and on the 12" any speaker with vc 1.75" or higher.

Here is a link to the Weber Forums thread where this news breaks! Personally, I cant wait. I almost bought a pair of 10 inch Tone Tubbys this weekend, but now I can wait for the Webers!!

I'm trying to navigate to that link, but for some reason I keep zig-zagging :lol:

big deal ... it will be on the November ballot here in California to legalize it. :lol:

What's peculiar, I remember a while back someone asked founder Ted Weber if he was going issue "hemp" type speaker (ala Tone Tubby). He said he was not that impress with that type of speaker, not really that interested in making their version.

Yet, now that Ted passed away, his son and the R & D department is working on their version.

That's going to be cool, maybe price friendly compared to the price of an authentic Tone Tubby.

Does Eminence have alnico version? I know they have a ceramic version, Texas Heat[?] if I'm not mistaken.

Latest posts

Back