Weber Chicago 12 Speakers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsmith87

Reaction score
Anyone ever play/hear Weber Chicago 12 speakers? I'm considering throwing a set in my JDesign 2x12 cab to go with my LSC head.

Any and all opinions welcome!

Cheers.

I put a Weber Chicago 12 in my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe recently. It's a great speaker and delivers a clear tone with full body. I imagine it would have the same effect on a Lonestar. Keep in mind this speaker is dark sounding and "stiff" when you purchase it, and it will take a good amount of playing to really open up the tone. If you order a Chicago 12 ask Weber to do an initial break-in before shipping it to you. This will help, but it'll still take some exercise to achieve its tonal potential. After a month of rehearsing and weekend gigs it's beginning to sound the way I expected it to. Fender ships most of their current amps with (cheap and fairly crummy) Eminence speakers; owners say that upgrading the speaker is the single best investment you can make in the amp. Boogie puts a better quality stock speaker in the Lonestar but you may find the boutique-quality Weber is more detailed. I think the early Black Shadow were basically an EVM 12-L, whereas the modern ones are Celestion CL-90s. In my opinion the Chicago 12 has a more vintage blackface character.

Latest posts

Back