WARNING: Bulletin Troll member 'sombra', '18&Life',Treva

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guitarmaster said:
Forum members should be "the soul" of the forum but they're only "guests", ned is the administrator and he has the right to decide the rules . If we are here to speak about Mesa/Boogie amps, we should have to thank ned . Guys, I think you're giving too much attention to 18&Life, dedicating to him some threads . We all know he has "stolen" these clips ( remember that stolen clips were a short extract from a Dream Theater cover made by a petrucciforum memeber, not a song written by him) but I think there are famous bands that have stolen some riffs , melodies and obviously intellectual property (and they sell their albums earning money...), so we should ban them from the "music world".
18&Life said:
At the school or college or work we can't bann whoever we don't like.We have to learn living together.

I'm not searching to defend 18&Life (probably you hate him due to his mockery more than for the stolen clips .......) , I have had some "fights" with him in the past, but he's right about a thing : in the real world we can't ban all the people we don't like.

PS : In the real life I usually ignore the people I dislike..............and life isn't like this Forum : If you play a guitar (in the real life)and you are unskilled, the people won't tell you're a virtuoso (or they will tell it to you , laughing at your shoulders). Sometimes in this forum I noticed "strange" comments about very poor clips : to be gentlemen posting false comments is not a sincere opinion...........

PS : For example in this forum, a member accused me to have submitted plagiarized informations about wood types not giving the address of the website I have taken them from ( I have not done this to have all the credits about the informations !!!!!!!!!)............for some people I made the same mistake of sombra with the stolen clips :lol: This makes me laugh!!

Cheers

Guitarmaster I really don't remember any fight we had,some people here act like it is real life.
I had some members in the past calling me with all bad names and I really don't care about it because this is the internet.I don't hate people in the internet,we are just a signal in computers.

Again for those who thinks this is real life,we CAN'T bann everything we don't like or don't understand,it will be a chaos however the world is already a chaos !
For those who have sense of humour(at least the same of mine),good laughing ,for those who hate my posts,learn to accept the differences,good or bad they are here to make us better persons.
If you think you are smart ,clever whatever than me,see I'm useful for something.
You all should goggle the world character,that's what 18&Life is...

we are just a signal in computers
I think it's a load of bollocks to claim the internet is not real life. It's still a bunch of people posting their opinions and stories. I don't act different on the net than in person to person contact.
At the same time it's extremely easy for a clever board admin to find out who you are, so I have to laugh at those people who claim they can do whatever they want.

Ans sombra, I don't like you, I don't hate you, I don't know you, but through your actions on this board you have only proven one thing: you are as they say in French quantité négligeable.

I always say it's not real life meaning=
You will never know if those peoples you are talking to are really the same in real life.
Some of them lie,some steal,some lie even about their genders so nothing here is real.
Some just say they have experiences but they haven't,they just agree with the others experiences and started to say the same stuff.
Just like tonewood myths.
That's why TO ME nothing is personal in the internet since I don't know the real person. :wink:

Just a note.I used that guy samples only to demonstrate how good is the sound of triaxis(I didn't have one that time ).
I never said hey what about my playing or my music ?
It was all about triaxis tones.
If I said hey those are not mine but they are really good,it will be always some VISUALROCKER69 who will say =
Hey if it's not yours how could you know it is really a triaxis ??!!
So at that time I assumed they were mine.
My mistake. :wink:

BTW Ned seems to be a good moderator,thank god .

well life goes on ..
Mistakes do exist to make us better persons.
I asked for forgiveness and obviously some members don't know what it is.They act like they never did something wrong !!!! :wink:

Whatever the best is I forgave myself and moved on so life is so good :D

18&Life said:
You will never know if those peoples you are talking to are really the same in real life.
Some of them lie,some steal,some lie even about their genders so nothing here is real...

That's not entierly true. I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with several members of this board. I've found them to be true to their posts and knowledgable about the amplifiers and music the like. Others, should I travel to their cities, I'll meet up with an buy em a beer.

The internet does lend a certain amount of anonymity, however this is not an internet chat room. It's a forum for exchanging information about Mesa Boogie amplifiers and the tones we're all chasing. Should someone choose to use deception or provide false information they are probably not the most ethical person to begin with.

I think for the most part people only comment on ideas and questions where they have a certain level of experience. I know that's what I try to do.

With 18&Life, I almost wonder if it is not a language barrier. I had thought his profile used to say Brazil or someplace else in South America. Maybe I'm wrong. He can be a little harsh sometimes, but if you post a clip and ask for someone's thoughts or opinions you might not like what they have to say. I'm not defending him, I just feel some constructive criticism is more productive then just flaming someone. That's how I see his posts. Not my place to say, as I'm a guest here just like everyone else.

clutch71 said:
With 18&Life, I almost wonder if it is not a language barrier. I had thought his profile used to say Brazil or someplace else in South America. Maybe I'm wrong. He can be a little harsh sometimes, but if you post a clip and ask for someone's thoughts or opinions you might not like what they have to say. I'm not defending him, I just feel some constructive criticism is more productive then just flaming someone. That's how I see his posts. Not my place to say, as I'm a guest here just like everyone else.
Yes, he did have location Brazil, but I've taken a course taught with a Brazilian instructor, very sincere, very polite, very considerate, far cry from Sombra -er I mean 18&Life ... unless my instructor is the exception, I wouldn't think Brazilian have an abrasive attitude like 18&Life.

clutch71 said:
18&Life said:
Some of them lie,some steal,some lie even about their genders so nothing here is real...

That's not entierly true. I've had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with several members of this board. I've found them to be true to their posts and knowledgable about the amplifiers and music the like. Others, should I travel to their cities, I'll meet up with an buy em a beer.

The internet does lend a certain amount of anonymity, however this is not an internet chat room. It's a forum for exchanging information about Mesa Boogie amplifiers and the tones we're all chasing. Should someone choose to use deception or provide false information they are probably not the most ethical person to begin with.

I think for the most part people only comment on ideas and questions where they have a certain level of experience. I know that's what I try to do.

If you make it out to Chicago we'll have to grab some brews

In real life you would have gotten a beat down...

Just try to keep your big mouth shut and you'll be a little less annoying.

Thats really the problem, you don't know when to shutup or keep your thoughts to yourself.

I'd like to make one comment on this subject:

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I think a lot of people fuel the fire by making topics like this instead of doing the more mature thing and sending a private message to the person or a moderator.

Taking the law into your hands doesn't always prove effective but the things you can do will make a bit of a difference; like not responding to his off topic replies. He obviously doesn't care so if anyone gets angry over it seems to make him happier.

Sometimes he makes a point, more often than not, but every once in a while.....

Oh BTW, the ignore button is right below the ban 18&Life button.

Greg

But this wasn't intented to provoke Sombra at all. I just thought the moderators might like to see for themselves how popular he is :lol:

But seriously, if I just sent a PM, it would just let them know that -I- don't want him here. But if everyone pitches in their feedback, then the effect is compounded.

visualrocker69 said:
But this wasn't intented to provoke Sombra at all. I just thought the moderators might like to see for themselves how popular he is :lol:

But seriously, if I just sent a PM, it would just let them know that -I- don't want him here. But if everyone pitches in their feedback, then the effect is compounded.

I was just saying a PM is the more adult thing to do rather than a public thread. This should have been your last resort. If you get everyone to send a PM to the mods don't you think that would work the same as this thread?

Did you really think the mods haven't seen his replies?

Well, anyway, i hope everything works out for the best.

Greg

visualrocker69 said:

what is this, survivor?

eltrain858 said:
visualrocker69 said:

what is this, survivor?
visualrocker69:

eltrain858 did not get the memo, we get vote to boot off a member every week. Moderators needs more server space. :lol:

Latest posts

Back