Want to start an Ace users / fans thread?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I'm new in mesa. I have got my 212 ace since a month. I'm going to buy a 212 cab I'm not a V30 fan. Have you got any experience with 212 cabs and tubes. Have you checked filmores speakers, and pwr siemens tubes with stiletto? How it sounds with strat?
Thanks for any info

Let's see, I'm very familiar with a variety of 2 x 12's but not with the Stiletto. Haven't had a small gig yet to bring one of mine to, its been all 4 x 12 thus far. I'd look at the VHT 2 x 12's. I'd also check out the THD 2 x 12 looks interesting and is NOT a V30 design. Andy specifically dislikes the V30 sound so thats a good thing.

Haven't swapped the tubes yet, don't think its necessary for sound reasons, the stock tubes sound good and aren't microphonic at all. What are you looking to change about the sound or fix?

I don't own a strat but I have played the amp with single coil guitars, sounds great especially for jimi hendrix style twang. I turned on a flanger and went to the single coils. My bass player turned his head around it was so spot on. I was using the crunch channel on with the gain at about 3 oclock but with the volume dialed down, all neck pup. sweet, sweet tone.

-P

Thanks a lot. Have you checked stiletto with mesa 212 with c90, or road king 212 ext cab? Looking for hendrixy sound.

Just purchased the Stiletto Ace 2x12. I wasn't too impressed for a couple of days. But, I started to get it dialed in and I'm a very happy owner. i really don't know what was going on during the learning curve. I was playing my Warmoth Strat with D.G. EMGs, which is my favorite. I also have a 58 Les paul Historic, but prefer my strat. I was A/B'n my BASSMAN LTD vs. the ACE. I always like the BASSMAN and still do, but was getting bored. I wanted a EL-34 amp, so decided on this amp. Its amazing how many tones are in this baby. The amp is extremly heavy, probably 200 lbs. I can't imagine hauling this around. I was looking at the tubes, it looks like its very difficult to remove the pre-amp tubes. Anyone out there removed the pre amp tubes yet :?:

Back