voodoo man foot switches???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anybody knows which footswitch I should use for my C+? I am really only looking to get use of the channel and EQ. I don't have a tank so I don't use it. Which am I better off getting? Or with one will work with it? Someone told me that the color of the LED does make a difference..if this is true which LED would I need to just switch my channel and EQ only? sorry if the subject has been touched on before. I just envy mark IV users for this reason! Mesa needs to make footswitch like that, that is compatable for the other Marks. thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLAND-Blues-Cu...ryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mar...ryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't quite get the point that you don't have a reverb tank, but the EQ/REV footswitch is a stereo jack at the chassis where one button shorts the tip of the stereo cable for the Reverb and the other button for the EQ shorts the sleeve. If it is a non reverb model, you may just want to stick any kind of tip to ground switch in there and see what goes off before buying a dual footswitch.

but where it connects to the amp it is separate. So although it would be a stereo cable from the Rev/EQ box..the cable then has to be separated into 2 mono ends in order to plug into the amp. There for I was wondering what color the LED had to be for the EQ switch. I don't have Rev because I do not have a tank hooked up. It is housed in a rack case.

the led color doesn't matter.
the presesnce of a led does, only because the led has to be battery powered to go off and on with eq/rev on those switches.

also, his amp has reverb, but he doesn't have the tank because its in a rack kit.

Stonge said:
but where it connects to the amp it is separate. So although it would be a stereo cable from the Rev/EQ box..the cable then has to be separated into 2 mono ends in order to plug into the amp. There for I was wondering what color the LED had to be for the EQ switch. I don't have Rev because I do not have a tank hooked up. It is housed in a rack case.

How many 1/4" jacks are underneath your chassis?

JOEY B. said:
Stonge said:

How many 1/4" jacks are underneath your chassis?

Two. One for REV and the other for EQ..I am pretty sure. I am using a homemade 2 button switch right now (with no LEDs in them) and it appears only one button will work at a time(EQ) when I plug it in to one of the jacks. That may be because I don't have a tank hooked up either. But I think when I plugged (stereo cable BTW) it into the other jack nothing happened. Now that could mean that one jack it for REV and the other is for EQ. OR..one jack is for EQ/REV and the other jack is just there because they were using the same chasis's for all the marks. I can't tell if the REV and EQ are seperate because I have no tank.

Look at this picture.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/JoeyB1970/DSC03085.jpg

If the inside of your amp looks like this, with a stereo jack on the right and a mono jack on the left (looking from the rear of the amp), the one on the right is the EQ/Rev stereo footswitch jack. The tip to sleeve shorts the reverb circuit and the ring to sleeve shorts the EQ circuit. The stereo cable contacts from front to rear are tip, ring, sleeve. Hence the name TRS cable. :D

so which is the mono for? Yeah mine looks like that stereo on right (from the rear) and mono on left.

thankyou. I understand it now! that was kind of a stupid question but..what the hell?! thanks again. cheers

Latest posts

Back