Volume trouble: Triaxis and G-Major

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoschi

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a problem regarding a Triaxis 1.0 and a G-Major. If I use the serial effect loop of the TA to feed the G-Major the volume level is pretty low (you can see that in the display of the G-Major). So I reconnected the system: the G-Major is between the TA and the poweramp, now. That works better but I was wondering if someone has the same problem? Or does anybody have an idea why my volume level is that low?

Thanks in advance.
--Hoschi

Hi,

I am not sure. How can I do this? By increasing/decreasing the preset-master level? That's what I did.

--Hoschi

Hoschi said:
Hi,

I am not sure. How can I do this? By increasing/decreasing the preset-master level? That's what I did.

--Hoschi

I never used my loop

read the manual !

The Gmajor has an output level option in the menu, make sure that it is set to as high as it can go, otherwise it is just attenuating your output.

Luijo said:
The Gmajor has an output level option in the menu, make sure that it is set to as high as it can go, otherwise it is just attenuating your output.

OK, but I have an issue regarding the input level.

sombra said:
Hoschi said:
Hi,

--Hoschi

I never used my loop

read the manual !

Thanks. And what do you do? The same as I did in my 2nd solution?

fatboy135 said:
don´t be afraid hoschi it is a common issue

Thanks fatboy. Is there any solution/mod? Or should I use the G-Major between pre and poweramp?

Thanks.
--Hoschi

I recommend to use it at the loop fx, well the mod could be an increaser on the master parameter, to preserve the master at high volumes with low distortion you need to replace the op amp involved on the signal flow with a rail-rail op amp, it is the easiest solution

first of all why use gmajor in the loop ??!!
Better out of the loop
Much better

sombra said:
first of all why use gmajor in the loop ??!!
Better out of the loop
Much better

Hi sombra,

and WHY is it better to use the G-Major not in the FX loop?

Thanks,
--Heiko

loop you use to put some pedals.
An efx rack like gmajor always sound better out of the loop.
There are a zillion posts about it.
I realy dont like gmajor I prefer rocktron stuff.
Loop is for some special or different efx you want to add to your sound.
A whole rack should stay out of the loop.

well that is just a personal preference. ive always used it in the loop, and thats where i found it sounds the best.

Rayder said:
well that is just a personal preference. ive always used it in the loop, and thats where i found it sounds the best.

Hi Rayder,

and do you have the same volume issue that I have? How are your settings on the TA to get a good volume level at the input of the G-Major?

Thanks

Hey Hoschi,

I know I'm getting to the table late on this topic, but I experienced the same thing with my Road King and a G-Major. I read both manuals front to back and found that the Road King can experience volume drop when using certain lower dollar effects or processors in the loop. I called Mesa and a tech verified this and said they have had numerous complaints from Mesa/G-Major owners. He suggested trying Rocktron products, which I did... I bought an Xpression and it's been fantastic. No volume drop, whatsoever, despite being quite inexpensive. It's not as full featured as the G-Major, however, but sounds amazing.

He suggested trying Rocktron products, which I did... I bought an Xpression and it's been fantastic. No volume drop, whatsoever, despite being quite inexpensive. It's not as full featured as the G-Major, however, but sounds amazing.[/quote]

+ 1.000

Xpression rules !
Its chorus is amazing.
Very cheap

I don't believe Mesa recommended using Roctron over TC.

I use a G Force with my RK II and Triaxis.....configured properly -- guess what? No volume drop, transparent and as a clean and clear as a freshly cleaned window.

TC Electronic states that the effect unit can be used in either config (loop or between Pre/Power), but that the ultimate setup, is using it out of the loop, which is where I use it with my rack...and it sounds awesome.

The Rocktron stuff, just sounds awful with all the tone suckage :roll:

Latest posts

Back