Volume Pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredhead72

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'd like to add a volume pedal to my board for swells. I'm looking at the Dunlop DVP1, but it looks so big and heavy and I'm not sure if volume pedals suck tone from the Mark V. Anyone using something good out there that's in the $100 range?

I have the Ernie Ball Jr. 250K, and I run it in front of the amp to imitate the effect of the guitars volume knob. This allows me to alter the amount of gain with the volume. If you want to affect the volume ONLY, you would need the 25K version of this pedal and run it in the loop. This would keep the level of gain consistent, and allow you to swell the volume only.

This is info I only discovered after purchasing the 250K pedal, and I figured out after the fact that I actually was attempting to purchase the other. Since then I have decided to stick with it and I have actually found thatI prefer it the way it is. It is just more convenient to control gain level with my foot instead of the guitars volume knob while playing. For pure volume adjustments I usually just set the amp and forget it, but there is always the Solo footswitch for when I need a bump. Swells also sound pretty cool with the gain level rising as well.

I always ran an old Morley volume pedal after my preamp in the rack I had when I was still gigging. I would use the guitar volume for altering gain, and the pedal for overall volume. Those pedals were anything but light and compact though, but they are bulletproof as long as you keep spare lightbulbs in your bag!

Back