Volume fluctuates in Nomad when using FX loop. Help?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oliass

Reaction score
I searched all over the board and couldn't find an answer to this question.

When I'm using the FX loop in my Nomad 45, the volume will drop waayyyy down and later come back up, then go down again, etc. When I don't have anything plugged in to the FX loop, it's fine. I tested the cables and they seem to be fine. Can anyone suggest a do-it-yourself fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

oliass said:
I searched all over the board and couldn't find an answer to this question.

When I'm using the FX loop in my Nomad 45, the volume will drop waayyyy down and later come back up, then go down again, etc. When I don't have anything plugged in to the FX loop, it's fine. I tested the cables and they seem to be fine. Can anyone suggest a do-it-yourself fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, wrong section of the forum. Doh!!

No worry. Try using some electrical contact cleaner, spray into the efx send/return jacks and wait for 1-2 minutes, and clean the jack inner with a cotton bud. Should clean up the glime inside and test again.

Ripper said:
No worry. Try using some electrical contact cleaner, spray into the efx send/return jacks and wait for 1-2 minutes, and clean the jack inner with a cotton bud. Should clean up the glime inside and test again.

Exactly what I was going to say. Also clean the FX mix pot.

Latest posts

Back