volume drop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbomb

Reaction score
hey my fellow boogie lovers happy new year!

im getting a volume drop while playing, i have a tremoverb combo. any ideas?

thanx in advance

Both channels? Only at bedroom levels, or also when cranked up? Any crackling noise? Effects loop engaged or disengaged? Basically, try and isolate it to a tube problem 1st, if not sucessful, try isolating to a bad pot (one of the volume controls?), if not successful, it's something internal. :? [Of course, you've eliminated any outboard symptoms, chords, guitars, etc, etc.]

I had a volume drop in my T-verb and it ended up being a pesky little $3 LDR (diode) go out in my amp. Left me in the middle of a show without channel #1 (so no clean channel, which I use 40% of the time). If you find out it isn't a tube, look in to the LDR's.... As a matter of fact, Mesa recommends you send in your T-verbs for a LDR upgrade (at your cost), but it won't leave you stranded. It cost about $200-$250 and takes about a week to two weeks (depending on how busy they are).

Dude, I just got through this ordeal with my DC-10. Boogies are very reliable and I would suspect your problem to be with the tubes. I got a new set from Boogie and had a few bad ones in the bunch. Preamp tubes area pain in the *** to diagnose- especially when you have some new ones that are bad!

If it occurs in both channels, then it could be your power tubes or one of the preamp tubes which effect both channels such as v1 or your phase inverter.

thanx for the quick responces guys ,im gonna try a little later to give you some more details to help solve this problem. what i know right know is this im in orange-vintage mode,spongy-on,vacume tube-on,fx loop-on orange red, playing at a bit louder than bed room levels.

and i almost forgot it hasnt been retubed in years so it very likley could be the problem. but on the other hand its never seen a stage or stage volumes for a long period of time.so what i mean by that statement is the tubes were never really pushed that hard.

Latest posts

Back