Vintage RoadReady 2X12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sittinidol

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just saw this ad:

http://m.kijiji.ca/ad.php?adid=362086168

Hopefully that shows up for you ok, I'm typing this on my BB.

Can anyone tell from the pictures what speakers are in there? I think EVs since he says it's 400 watts. Anyone with experience with these cabs? Is $450 an ok price?

Thanks

Yeah, I would guess EVs, but I can't tell by looking. I used to have a RoadReady 4x12 loaded with V30s. It was a ridiculous amount of cab. It was relatively compact for a 4x12, but lifting it by myself was pretty much out of the question. Indestructible, obviously. Eventually I decided that the weight and the loudness just didn't make sense for me, sold it, and bought a Recto vertical 2x12, with which I have been very happy ever since. Still, I've kind of had a hankering to get one of these old-school vertical 2x12s too.

As far as price goes, it's not a steal. I bought and sold my 4x12 for less than $450 (which was a good deal), although it didn't have the EVs, so that changes the picture a bit. If you went for it, you would basically be paying a premium for the EVs and the road case construction. You have to decide whether that makes sense for you. Me, I'm happy with my Recto 2x12 that I can lift easily and sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the reply. I really don't "need" this cab, I already have a 4x12 Halfback cab (fully closed though) with 2 V30s and 2 celestion G12-65s. And a marshall 1960B with G12-75s. I was hoping to trade the marshall for the mesa 2x12 but the seller didn't go for it.

It's tempting because I've always wanted to try my IIC+ through EVs, and cool gear doesn't appear too often here in Canada. Ideally I would love to find 2 Thiele cabs with EVs to use as stereo wet cabs/portable jam rig. .

Back