Vintage mode of a series I Rectoverb same as the II?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's not forget the all important reverb knob in the front :D
I had both and think they sound about the same...according to mesa, the series 2 is slightly more aggressively voiced.

Koprofag said:
They should be the same.

Series II differences would include switchable bias 6L6/EL34, Raw mode and no channel switching delay.

Reverb knob in back? What were they thinking? Oh the humanity. Delay in switching I can live with, if It's not really noticeable-- Sounds like I don't need to sweat the series I, II thing and just go with the best deal.

I wouldn't upgrade without considering other amps first...

The detachable footswitch cable is cool, but a hit and miss if someone steps on the cord near the pedal. It comes unplugged, and drives me nuts. :x

I said one bit of wrong info but I'll add 2 more. They changed to silver knobs and as I mentioned before, put the reverb on the front panel. In hindsight, since the reverb is almost non-extistant, maybe they should've left it in the back. :roll:

chpsktplyr said:
Reverb knob in back? What were they thinking? Oh the humanity. Delay in switching I can live with, if It's not really noticeable-- Sounds like I don't need to sweat the series I, II thing and just go with the best deal.

Back