Victoria Victorilux 310 or a Lone Star Classic?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Resonator

Reaction score
I've narrowed my search down to these two amps. I've tried the LSC and thought it was an excellent amp and had the tone I like to hear in my amp. A friend told me I need to try a Victorilux before buying the LSC. In his opinion, The Victorilux is a better sounding and more versatile amp. There's no Victoria dealers anywhere near me.

Knowing this is a Mesa Boogie site, I'll probably hear people say go with LSC. But I'm looking for people who own a Victoria amp or have experience with one. The one thing I definitely like about Victoria is their record on reliability. All the reviews I've read are glowing.

I know Mesa products, I own a LSS 410. It''s a great amp, But I've had it in for service twice in less than a year.

Thanks, Res

I recently picked up a Victorilux 3x10 running EL84 output tubes.
A couple of weeks previously I took home a LSC to test drive and loved it, but couldn't afford to keep it at the time so I took it back and it's still in the same shop that the Vicky turned up at.
I picked the Vicky because I'm more of a one sound traditional guy and I think the clean on the Vicky is more three dimensional.
The LSC is by far a more versatile amp though, especially if you need clean and dirty sounds.
The Vicky can get dirty when you crank it but it's very loud.
The LSC can get all those tones at any volume.
Don't know how much this helps.

Thanks for the post.

I bought a Victorilux 115 with 6L6's and couldn't be happier. When I want a little versatility, I run a Boss GT-10 through the front of the Vlux and it sounds fantastic.

Res

I'm a real sucker for Victoria Amps, I'm fortunate enough to have a Low Power Twin and a 3x10 Bandmaster.
The Victorialux came up used from a friend who owned it and I got a great price on it. I needed it like a hole in the head but it's way different than the tweeds.
My favorite is still the 3x10 Bandmaster with 6L6's.
I also have a Mesa Heartbreaker head and a Blue Angel 1x12. Both sensational amps that have that classic old school tone that I love.
In hindsight I think it was the Lonestar Special I tried out. It had the 4 EL84's in a 2x12 combo.
Have fun with that Victoria!

Back