Valvetech Hayseed anyone??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I'm craving.......ok...... I'm GASsing for something different to add to my Boogie.

* Vox AC30cc 1x12
* Dr. Z Maz jr or sr ($$ dependant)
* or the Hayseed by Valvetech (a 60s AC30 clone with more umph)

What should I get?
Right now, I can only afford the AC30cc 1x12 and that's what I'm leaning towards, but I'm very fond of the warm Dr Z tone too.

Hmm, whatcha think?

What exactly are you looking for tone wise? I own a hayseed and it blows my mind every time I turn it on! It blows the vox cc models away! Even the chassis is welded in house which is nuts! I enjoy Z amps and have played everyone of their models many times but I ended up buying the valvetech because I wanted more of a classic vox tone which wasn't really delivered by any of the z models... well at least not as well as the hayseed!

Thanks for the reply..... I actually got rid of all my Boogies and now have a couple of Dr. Z's (Stangray and Mazerati), and it fits what I'm doing better. The Hayseed still interest me, but I'm actually *happy* with my rig for once...... Maybe someday.

Thanks again for the reply!

Jason

raytelewx0.jpg

ShyforShy said:
That stang ray is my favorite z by far! What kind of music do you play?

about 50/50 original's and covers.

Our originals are a mix of country and rock (kind of Keith Urban meets Bon jovi or Brian Adams - kind of pop country). The cover tunes are from bands/people like; Johnny Cash, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Keith Urban, Bon Jovi, Alice in Chains, Collective Soul, Blink 182, Good Charolet.... quite a wide range. I've got a few different pedals that get me in to some of the harder territory (keeley modded Tubescreamer, BB Preamp, Rte66 pedal, ect...).

Theres a song on the front page of the website in my signature if you want to check it out, that pretty much fits our style.

Latest posts

Back