Value orginal Mark IIC+ vs a converted one

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ednolb

Reaction score
I'm far from selling this one but I was wondering if this.
If I were to convert my Mark IIC+ black tolex combo to a Mark IV imbuya combo shell, would it be worth less? The speakers would be swapped too, so it would be the exact same amp, just with a different (and more expensive) shell.

Well, that might be a good idea, but I was planning on selling the old black tolex combo shell because I have no need for it and because it takes up too much space.

Ednolb said:
Well, that might be a good idea, but I was planning on selling the old black tolex combo shell because I have no need for it and because it takes up too much space.

well then, I think it's really all about doing what you want to do!. PM me a price for the "old parts". I'd be interested. :)

I "think" it's "worth more" with the original stuff, but I don't know.

Normally, I'd say yes amps lose value when their out of their original shell. But you're going into an imbuya cab made by Mesa...if anything you might gain some!

As a buyer, I'd find an original IIC+ to be more attractive in a new quality combo or head cabinet, especially hardwood, than in the old one.

It's an aesthetic thing, atleast for me.

I mean, would you rather buy this?

689d_12.JPG

Or this?

boogie.jpg

GIG4FUN said:
I'm in! how much for the second one! haha

I suppose it's not like cars. I have a lot of valuable cars and everything has to be OEM to be the real deal and worth the most.

Well, to some it might be. But I don't really see the point. I mean, an amp is an amp. It sounds the same no matter what shell you put it into, and if we like a certain amp that we own, we don't want it to look as dreadful as the one in the upper photo, right? We want it to look good and clean, because it is special to us! :D

Plus, if I see that the previous owner has spent big extra money on a brand new hardwood cabinet, that's just another plus for me as a buyer, seeing that it has been taken very well care of and made sure it's clean and good looking.

That's atleast my point of view. :wink:

Octavarius said:
GIG4FUN said:
I'm in! how much for the second one! haha

I suppose it's not like cars. I have a lot of valuable cars and everything has to be OEM to be the real deal and worth the most.

Well, to some it might be. But I don't really see the point. I mean, an amp is an amp. It sounds the same no matter what shell you put it into, and if we like a certain amp that we own, we don't want it to look as dreadful as the one in the upper photo, right? We want it to look good and clean, because it is special to us! :D

Plus, if I see that the previous owner has spent big extra money on a brand new hardwood cabinet, that's just another plus for me as a buyer, seeing that it has been taken very well care of and made sure it's clean and good looking.

That's atleast my point of view. :wink:

You "point" of view is a sharp one. Smart move. :wink:

My first C+ came in the Blonde/Tan combo form. I was not a big fan of the color scheme and chose to order a new black tolex headshell from Boogie. As my luck would have it, they were out of the "bronco" tolex, so I had to go for the "taurus". I used it in this form for a while until the hardwood bug bit me. Then I spotted a MkIII Imbuya hardwood combo on ebay in mint condition. Presto chango, I had an Imubya C+ and sold the MkIII in the new headshell. Then I got tired of lifting the EV C+ combo and decided to order the AAA flame maple cabs from Boogie. I have bought good running cars for a lot less money, but it was worth every penny to me. If someone were to ***** about the cabs not being original, I would conclude that they are just jealous. :lol:

In head form,
DSC01031.jpg

In Imbuya combo form, far left
DSC01961.jpg

In the final hardwood head form
DSC03468.jpg

DSC03313.jpg

Latest posts

Back