Value of a 1984 Boogie MKIIc+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelena

Reaction score
Dear friends- I have a Boogie MKIIC+ made in 1984 (serial #13505). It is a 60w head with reverb and EQ. I just had it retubed and caped etc by Voodoo Amps. I'd like to sell it and wanted to get all your advice on its value. It is truly in great condition. Thanks!

This amp is local to me, and Bluelena was kind and trusting enough to let me demo it for a week. I would add that the black tolex is in excellent condition and the amp truly sounds great. I was prepared to buy it, but it was too similar to my DRGX "Cold Sweat", which is a very good thing!

Just waiting for the phone call with time and directions and I'm off to get it. I'll be trudging 4 & 1/2 hours each way through a snow storm to get it, which is quite appropriate because I'm sitting here like a fireman ready to jump into action I'm so excited!

Markedman said:
Just waiting for the phone call with time and directions and I'm off to get it. I'll be trudging 4 & 1/2 hours each way through a snow storm to get it, which is quite appropriate because I'm sitting here like a fireman ready to jump into action I'm so excited!

Cool! John is straight-up guy. I didn't know him before this, other than having seen him around our previous employer, Cornell U. We have a couple of friends in common, all stand-up people, but we never had occasion to meet. The amp is the real deal and in great condition. I'd love to meet you while in town, but I won't be around for most of the day. Let me know if I can be of help. Good luck and enjoy!!

Frank

Thanks Frank, I'm leaving for Richford right now with an E.T.A. of 2-3 P.M. but I'll be turning around and coming back home due to the storm, thanks for the invite. I'll definitely cruise back up there to jam this summer, I'm big on day trips to NY state. Thanks again for helping me and I enjoy reading your insightful posts.

Nice score Markedman! Looking forward to reading how you like it compared to your Mark IIIs and what differences you find between them!

Markedman said:
Thanks Frank, I'm leaving for Richford right now with an E.T.A. of 2-3 P.M. but I'll be turning around and coming back home due to the storm, thanks for the invite. I'll definitely cruise back up there to jam this summer, I'm big on day trips to NY state. Thanks again for helping me and I enjoy reading your insightful posts.

We run a couple of guesthouses in Ithaca during the summer, so accommodations will be easy. We could take the amps to my good friend's studio and have some fun. There's lots to do and see here, especially in summer...

Nice score Markedman! Looking forward to reading how you like it compared to your Mark IIIs and what differences you find between them!
Just got home, 470 mile round trip in the snow. The Highway was littered with accidents so we took it easy driving. I might play hookie tomorrow.
I've been thinking more about comparing the sound to my SP/295 rig. I'll post a NAD thread and I'll be out of touch for the next 4 hours in my sound proof studio. :D

I'd say compare it with both the Studio Pre/295 and Mark IIIs!
Looks amazing, really excellent, almost mint condition taking into account it's 30 years old!

Latest posts

Back