V30s or C90s for RKII?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfinator

Reaction score
Being that the Road King cabinets come with both and the combo comes with 2 C90s I'm wondering which sounds better over all.

It seems that the C90s have more of a mid scoop than the V30s so might lend itself better for metal while the V30s might provide a thicker lead tone but that's just a guess on my part.

Any thoughts?

I've ran through different combinations with all channels and I guess it all boils down to a matter of taste. Me personally, I like the combination of the two the best. I think they compliment each other well.

I have a Road King cab and love it. The C90s sound the best overall to me, but I like the V30s for lots of applications. Like machine gun said, the two together are simply great.

My RKII head just came in yesterday, unfortunately, my cabinet (RKII 4x12) won't be in until mid July. I plan on running all 4 together most of the time, but still having it set up with 2 cables so I have the option of just flipping a switch.
Just staring at this thing is killing me. I gotta borrow a cabinet till mine comes in.

Back