V30s + C90s = WOW!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I finally took the plunge, bought two C90s, and put them in an x-pattern in my Mesa Traditional Cab. Threw a beam blocker on the Top C90 and top V30, and left the bottom two open for mixing purposes.

I'm floored....I've still got some fine tuning to do on the settings with the new speakers, but they mix so nicely. The cabinet is so much smoother and so much more responsive. Alone, I found the C90s too scooped and a little to smooth, but when turned up, and paired with the two V30s, they still kick like no other. The tone is no longer spikey and as if choking to get out.....smoother and more musical, while still retaining aggression is all I can say.

Key thing here....these speakers work best when turned UP.

Cleans are better....my rhythm tone with R2 is much better, and the lead tone almost made me wet my pants....I never thought I could have such a lead tone, but wow....fluid, searing, smooth....all at the same time.

Anyways, anyone wanting to try something other than V30s....lose some of the awkward spike while still retaining a good band mix and a good aggression, mix them with the C90s....I'm floored by the results!

Hopefully, I can get clips up soon!

Thanks for the update. I wonder if mixing the V30 with EVM12L would yield the same result. Anyone ever tried this before?

~trem

Good to hear. I too like the V30/C90 combo. Cleans with C90 are wonderful. In a 3/4 back cab cleans turn into a 3D wonderland while retaining their punch. I just wish Mesa made a Road King traditional cab. :D

Latest posts

Back