V30 and EVM12L mix for Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I just picked up a Rectifier 2x12 vertical slant cab, and I definitely want to lose one of the V30s and get a different speaker to mix with it. My company carries the EVM12L and I can get it at cost, so I was wondering whether that might be a good option. Does anybody have experience mixing these two speakers, or have any other suggestions as to another speaker to bring in to make that V30 character not stick out so much? I already have a different 2x12 with a V30 and G12T75 mix, so I'm wanting to try something else for this cab.

To clarify, I am of course talking about the current-production EVM12L. If there is anything I should be wary of regarding that speaker, I'd like to know.

I once read on here that the EVM might kind of drown out the other speaker, as it is very efficient. You may lose just a tad too much of that V30 tone.

Do you know the efficiency of the Celestion C90 and the Eminence MS150 (Black Shadow 150)?
Thanks and regards

I don't know the efficiency, but I am running my mark III thru a recto 2X12 and an Avatar 2X12 that I have loaded with C90's. I have the cabs stacked (like a 1/2 stack) and much to my surprise, they sound great together. I owuld think in the same cab they would work together even better.

Well you know what, tonight my new cab with the V30s sounded quite fine and dandy in the band mix at rehearsal. I think I'll leave it the way it is. Goes to show you that 'in a mix' is the only way to judge tones.

Latest posts

Back