V 25 crunch mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeYourself

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success in replicating, ballpark, the crunch mode in channel 2 ?

I'd love to have the channel 1 set as clean, then channel to that marshally crunch on channel 2.

Alternatively does the TA 15 crunch get that vibe or some other amp ?

Cheers.

On the full size amp I've found crunch mode is basically IIC+ mode with less gain and a notch out of the midrange. I've been able to dial them in very similar but I've never been able to replicate that notch using the graphic EQ.

Thanks mind sharing your best settings on channel 2 inc the geq?

I too have gotten close results on the iic+ but there a tightens in crunch mode that still escapes me.

I can do OK in the IIC+ channel with the gain down but not dead on. The crunch is something special.
Maybe I'll try the reverse - try a clean setting in the IIC+ channel.

Crunch mode always reminded me of my Roadster's channel 3 vintage mode. It sure makes for one heck of a rhythm tone for chuggy stuff.

BeYourself said:
Thanks mind sharing your best settings on channel 2 inc the geq?

I too have gotten close results on the iic+ but there a tightens in crunch mode that still escapes me.

My IIC+ and IV settings are fairly similar to the ones shown here;

http://mesaboogie.com/amplitudes/2015/March/john-petrucci-mesa-mark-five-25-tone-lounge-proto-playthrough.html?utm_source=Mesa%2FBoogie+Amplitudes+Newsletter+List&utm_campaign=64fcef6cb3-Amplitudes+Blog+April+2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_bf726eb5e2-64fcef6cb3-27586241&ct=t(

I run mine with a tad less gain and treble and a tad more bass... But the basic outline is there.

Latest posts

Back