V-2 Pre Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bish

Reaction score
Trying to find a manual for a V-2 Pre Amp. Couldn't find anything through the Mesa site. Assuming this thing is pretty old.

I'm a complete newbie. Actually I'm a bass player trying to help out my guitar playing buddie. Any help would be appreciated.

Bish

Appreciate it! The whole V Twin thing was throwing me off because mine says V2.

Are you selling the Fender Squire Bass that's listed on the bottom of your email or is that just what's in your bag?

Thats just some of my stuff. The only thing I'm selling right now is the sg. I'm not much of a bass player but I couldn't keep from adding it to the room to bang around on. I like to record clips on bass, Guitar, sometimes a keyboard clip, then the drums. Backwards right? :wink: Well if I still like it all togeather, then I throw on another guitar clip or two. Do you have the v twin pedal or preamp? I might have sent you the wrong link. This is for the pre amp.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/V-Twin%20Rack%20PreAmp.pdf

I actually have the pedal but once I figured out the V-Twin and the V-2 are the same thing I was able to put it together. Plus you sent me to the site and I just got in contact with CS at Mesa Boogie (duh). They told me that the V-2 started out as a bass unit called the bottle rocket. So I have it plugged into my bass setup and been toying with it a bit.

My unit definitely has "V-2 Pre-Amp" printed on it. Any idea why since apparently it's a pedal? Here is the link to the manual for the one I have. http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/V-Twin%20pedal.pdf

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm new here so hello to all.....

The V-twin started out as Version 1 (V-1) and Mesa ended up making a Version 2 (V-2). It sounds like you have Version 2, hence your pedal showing V-2 on the label. The pedal is still called the V-Twin.

The difference is this: Version 2 has a metal strip on the underside attached by 2 screws. Detach the metal strip and you will see a switch and an adjustable pot. The adjustable pot is to adjust the gain of the clean channel to bring the gain up or down according to the other channel/s (blues or solo. I can't remember which one).

The switch swaps the volume boost between the blues and solo channel (from what I can remember). I may be wrong.

The Version 1 (V-1) pedals didn't have any of this functionality. In other words, it didn't have the metal strip underneath and you couldn't adjust the pedal. You were stuck with what the pedal gave you.

Hope this clears things up.

I have the V-Twin V-2 (Version 2) pedal. I also have the Bottle Rocket..... :D

Cheers...

Latest posts

Back