using the reverb as a switchable parallel fx loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahoi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Has anybody here tried to use the reverb "loop" as a parallel fxloop? I mean disconnecting the reverb tank, using 2 adapters to connect a boss dd6 or so? Is it possible, how does ot sound? Is there any tone loss? I only need some delay, and this way of setup would make things much easier :D

Thanks in advance for reading,
ahoi

I would not do this. The reverb transformer needs to see an impedance load from the tank or you may short out the transformer. Secondly, the reverb input sees about 384V and I would not want to bee the one guy to get mysteriously zapped beyond the laws of physics or blow up a pedal.

The reverb is in series anyway.

Boogiebabies said:
I would not do this. The reverb transformer needs to see an impedance load from the tank or you may short out the transformer. Secondly, the reverb input sees about 384V and I would not want to bee the one guy to get mysteriously zapped beyond the laws of physics or blow up a pedal.

The reverb is in series anyway.

so with the first mk iv's ..are they different to the second ones ( B's)..how doe sthe reverb differ..

Back