Using effects loop on Triple Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srakow

Reaction score
I have a brand new Triple Rec. Im using the following pedals, I need help on best way to utilize them. Should I use some in effects loop or hook them all up front of the amp. I have them in this order.

To the front of the amp;
1. Wah pedal
2. Strobo stomp tuner
3. MXR ZW OD

Though the effects loop

1. EVH Phaser
2. Ibanez Chorus
3. Line 6 DL 4

All seem to work fine except the Line 6 Delay. Big drop in volume.

How would you hook up....suggestions?

Thanks guys

My POD XT Live has a serious volume drop too trying to adjust it only add distortion so far i have yet to be able to use them together

not what you want to hear I am sure

I'd run it like this:

To the front of the amp;

1. Wah pedal
2. Strobo stomp tuner
3. MXR ZW OD
4. EVH Phaser
5. Ibanez Chorus

Though the effects loop

1. Line 6 DL 4

Turn the amp's FX mix to about 10% and turn the Line 6 pedal's mix up quite a bit.

Thats what I'd do. I hate Parallel FX loops (which is what Boogie uses with all the newer amps). You can't really use anything but "Time Based" FX in the loop (delay, reverb, echo...), the rest need to go in front of the amp to sound good. Some people may have had luck running modulation FX in the loop, but for the most part it's almost impossible to get it like you want it that way.

+1 to all of that. 'Verb, delay always in the loop, front-end everything else. I had pretty good luck with a Boss CH1 chorus in the loop also, but I need it as an A/B to split my signal to 2 amps so I run it in front, and the stereo effect is killer for chorused clean tones.

Back