uses for external trigger/slave out on RK

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
The Road King has so many features I think aot of them can be overlooked or not used. Heres is a place you can list some uses you have found for your external trigger option. For a long time I didnt know what todo with it, I had heard you can control all sorts of things with it, but what I use it for is this: I plug the tap tempo from my Boss DD-5 Delay pedal into it, along with into the FX loop, then from the "King Kontroller" I can activate my delay and set me tempo. It works out great for me. Also list some uses for the slave out or any particular way of using a certain feature. I use my slave out to go into my rack tuner.

Jeff

The slave out to my mixer and then to a Rocktron stereo amp with 2 Marshall cab 2x12 + Intellifex in mixer loop in stereo. I have the new Roadster with output for tuner.

Can the Slave Out go to a board? And be kind of like a DI?

That'd be cool........

Well... I guess I should have been more specific. Sorry :oops:

I hooked up a drum machine once, but it gave me the wrong results. Instead of being able to start/stop the drum machine. I able to operate one thing. A bass pedal, the hi-hat, a tom tom ect. To get the results I want I think it would lead over the midi realm, but I'm not sure.

Wow! stupid me! I didn't know I can hook a tuner to the slave out. :shock:

WAIT!!!!

You can hook a tuner up to the slave out?!?!?

REALLY?

If so, my needs with my recto have just been solved.

Guys....sorry to double post, but is it safe to do this^

Also, how would I mute the single? It's not possible when it's out there, is it?

It is safe to do, there has been a discussion about it here before somewhere I dont know where though. Ive been doing it for quite a while now and have had no problems...keep the slave level relatively low though. And you cannot mute the singal with this setup.

Nothing more I love to hear than a guy tuning aloud! :? I don't believe the slave out is intended as a tuner send!

Couldn't you just get a A/B box? Hook you tuner into A, your amp to B? And throw that baby in the rack?

jbird said:
Nothing more I love to hear than a guy tuning aloud! :? I don't believe the slave out is intended as a tuner send!

I thought Tun-ing was a ancient Chinese song? :p :lol:

The A/B bos is definitely an option, but it requires more purchases and less simplicity in wiring. I just want to see whether there is another way out.

jbird said:

I dont know that it was intended for any one specific thing, it has many uses. Here is settings and diagrams of a clinic rig john petrucci had setup, where he was running a tuner out of the slave out.

http://www.kandashokai.co.jp/sale/jpc04_web/jpc_equip.html

Latest posts

Back