URGENT!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alvaro

Reaction score
Hi ppl,

Im from uruguay (a small country near to Argentina) and i have a friend who is traveling next month to USA so i will encharge some things that here never appears

So i have never play with mesa, amps, effects, etc. but i know they are great to achieve a john petrucci similar sound (i love his sound), i read a lot in this week about V-twin, Triaxis, 2:90. etc.

The problem is that i cant encharge a big thing casuse we have problems to enter to the country, so i was thinking in buy a V-twin, or a triaxis or both if they work fine together becasue i dont know that.

Does a set: Guitar ==> v-twin ==> amp, works good, why should i add a triaxis, where and what features offers to me those two effects to my sound.

i have a ibanez S with Di Marzio, please give me some advices, i need help, cause the time will finish.

Thanks

Alvaro
:oops: :oops:

hey alvaro, although it might be a bit too late, You'd probbaly want to go for a triaxis, and something like a G major, as you said , you might have problems coming back into your country, but these are rack units... you could probblay pick up a used one that has some scratches and it could pass as something cheap, officials normally have no sense of what is expenisve, BUT this might not be true for your country because I ship preamps, amp heads all that stuff ALL the time and because this stuff normally has scratches , or looks old and what not i never get any questions or anyhting. But to achieve a john petrucci tone, you'd probably want to go with a Triaxis over the V twin. Although John petruccis tone is currently made up of road kings and lonestars , and the earlier tone was made up of the mark series, personally get the triaxis, it's very versatile, has cool tones, and many different presets!!! hope your friend has brought you back something anyways!

Latest posts

Back