UPDATED - Stiletto Ace Combo - Melt Speaker Cord

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstefani

Reaction score
Plenty of length...

Here is a pic I got off eBay, notice the speaker wire, how it curves.
This one breaks right, I'm sure as Boogie hoped it would.
If the curve broke left, it would touch the tube.

That's all I'm saying. Mine did after being moved to different inputs and then back to where this one is.

To move to another input, you have to pull out the plug far enough to get it out of the input, as well as moving it to an input a bit farther away. making the amount of cord outside the cab longer. If you move the cord back to the input shown here and don't push the cord back into the cab by hand, the hole is so small all of the extra cord stays outside the cab. Since you had moved it to the right, when you put it back, there's good odds that the curve will put it right against the tube.

The hole is small to keep the cab as air-tight as possible. You've just got to push the cord back down into the cab. If you notice, the hole is directly under the input in the picture, yet the cord is bent, it would be straight down if it were slid into the cab.

This may not be that big of a deal until it happens to you, then it sucks!

- dstefani

ace_back.jpg

dstefani said:
A few weeks ago I noticed that my speaker cord on my ace was beginning to melt from being close or on a power tube.

I use an external 2x12 recto cab so when changing the plug placement it pulls out the slack on the cord, the hole in the speaker cover is so tight that unless you push the cord down again into the hole, it bends and touches the tube. If you move the cord around, be sure to check it out.

- DJ

Sounds like you need a longer speaker wire

Latest posts

Back