Update on new LSS problem and issue with new Mark IV reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasaRojo

Reaction score
Hi all. After 2 1/2 weeks of trying everything to rectify the volume dropping problem I finally returned my new LSS last Friday and swapped it for a new Mark IV WB combo because they didn't have another LSS 2X12 and I'm told it would take six weeks to get one from Mesa and I was planning on getting a Mark IV eventually anyway so... BTW Brad, the salesman, couldn't be nicer or more helpful and I really appreciate this guy! I played the Mark IV for a good 1/2 hour at the store and it sounded great. I got it home and was setting controls and noticed that the reverb didn't have much depth. I turned the reverb up to ten and didn't really have enough and thought it just had really crappy reverb. Today I was trying new things and put a Boss Super Overdrive-1 in the efx loop. When I stomped the pedal I got this wonderful reverb, way too much mind you ('cause I had it on 10) but great sounding just the same. Stomp off the loop and back to the crappy verb. How weird is this??? I put the SD-1 on the front end and it doesn't affect the verb at all. Obviosly something's up with the loop. The recording out doesn't seem to operate exactly right as well. I swapped out the verb send and return 12AX7's but nada. I can't see that the return tube is glowing at all, or the new replacement, and it was not even warm to the touch. This makes 3 electronically problematic brand new Mesa's, 2 LSS and one Mark IV *and* 3 new F series with the vinyl peeling off all at the same store in less than 5 months that I've personally seen or had had experience with . Is this just my bad luck or what? Anybody heard of this type of reverb problem?
Thanks,
CR

I talked with Mesa customer service today and Chris basically said that the Mark IV worked like that and that the reverb was going to be different from the LSS. IOW you can't put an overdrive stomp box in the loop without affecting the reverb that way.

+1 Reverb is not very good on my Mark IV. I t quite good on my LSS. If reverb is important to you you will need to get a pedal for it.

brianf

I have a LSS, and the reverb feeds back like crazy...Im to the point of playing it without any reverb at all...anyone have this problem??

brianf said:
+1 Reverb is not very good on my Mark IV. I t quite good on my LSS. If reverb is important to you you will need to get a pedal for it.

brianf

I wish it were just a bit better but I'll live with it. I LOVE it otherwise! The verb on my LSS was quite good as well.

CR

Bloozman said:
I have a LSS, and the reverb feeds back like crazy...Im to the point of playing it without any reverb at all...anyone have this problem??

I'd call customer service and let us know the outcome please.

CR

Its been in and out of warranty repair several times...Customer service isnt any help...Im waiting for the warranty tech to call Mesa...Im not very happy about this, but I will report the outcome

Bloozman said:
Its been in and out of warranty repair several times...Customer service isnt any help...Im waiting for the warranty tech to call Mesa...Im not very happy about this, but I will report the outcome

What has the turn around time for warranty work? Did you have to ship your LSS? I don't mean to rag on MB but I think for the price of amps and such, that quality control should be tighter. One reason shell out so much cash for an item is because I expect higher than average quality all around. High attention paid to *every* detail. For me, it's a *real* pain to have to deal with warranty issues right off the bat and it's certainly not good PR for Mesa.

CR

I agree Casa...the turn around time has been like 2weeks...and Im gettin tired of all the B.S. involved with this amp...been playing for 40 years, and Ive never had an amp cause such a problem...my 1st and last Mesa!!

Bloozman said:
I agree Casa...the turn around time has been like 2weeks...and Im gettin tired of all the B.S. involved with this amp...been playing for 40 years, and Ive never had an amp cause such a problem...my 1st and last Mesa!!

I'll be 50 in a couple of weeks. I'm not really a guitar player but I play one in a band. LOL! Actually I only play two songs on guitar in a band, both originals of mine. I've been playing keys since I could reach a piano. I've certainly had, at least, my fair share of gear problems. I've fiddled around with guitar all my life but got *really*serious a year ago and I've been looking for a amp to fall in love with ever since and I found it in the LSS 2X12 that I bought that had the above mentioned problem. I was very dissapointed. I eventually wanted to buy a Mark IV so now I've got one. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've felt the same way you do about Mesa but, obviosly, I'm giving them more than a fair benefit of the doubt. I love the sound and the feel. It's truly inspirational! What are ya going to do, ya know? Today I received a matched integrated quad of JJ's frrom Eurotubes
and I can't wait to try them! I had ordered a matched quad of EL84's for my LSS but have since put them in my Delta Blues and they sound great! Way more gain than the Mesa\Sovtecs I had in it. Multiple two weeks without your LSS is got to be frustrating. Get on the phone with Mesa customer service and demand, diplomatically of course, that this be taken care of expediently. I really believe that they're having quality control issues... I mean, I know that they are... from what I've experienced first hand. They need to jump on it now! Good luck and don't write Mesa off just yet. They sound beautiful.
CR

Back