Unloaded Mesa 4x12's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemichael317

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here but I play in a band that is looking for some unloaded "dummy" cabs. I would prefer to buy them straight from mesa, but haven't been able to gain contact with someone who can help me after calling multipule times. So, I was wondering if anyone knew who I could contact or a means of getting them. What I need is 2 unloaded 4x12 oversized rectifiers, without high quality woods like in my loaded rectifiers. I also need an unloaded 8x10 bass cab. I would be interested in buying more than that if it's affordable. Right now I just have 4 rectifier cabs that are too heavy to carry when I only need to actually utilize one. I've thought about other brands as they advertise unloaded cabs, but have loved mesa for 12 years and been playing them since then and don't want to have something else on stage with me. If anyone could point me in the right direction, or might already know mesa's prices it'd be greatly appreciated!

That may be more expensive than you think.

I would consider looking for guitar cabinets else where. Mather Cabs produce Marshall spec 412 cabs (straight and slanted). I believe you can request different coverings and grill cloth. Cabs do not come with logo plate ( you can buy that from the Mesa Store or on Ebay). Since it is of traditional size, it may be hard to notice the difference unless you place the OS cab next to it. Cabs are built with dove tail joints. They do not have casters on them either but you can order them though the Mesa Store as well. I am considering getting another cab an may use them.

There may be other resources as well. For the price of an empty cab, $450.00 for a slant cab is a good price. If you want really cheap, there are others out there but do not expect the quality of materials to be any good. I bought an Egnator 412 cab from Guitar center for $200.00 and gutted the cab so I could install the V30's I pulled from my Recto OS 412 (installed EV in it) I have to admit the V30's never sounded better than they do in the smaller traditional sized cabinet. Most places I have looked that sell empty 412 cabinets in the oversized variety typically run $800 :| , you can get a loaded Mesa cab for $200 more.

What is the purpose for the unloaded cabs, just for show? I am sure there are some cabinet builders that may build something for you that would just be a box and grill, no baffle board...

Guitar Center has tons of Mesa 4x12's for under $500 each.
Not sure why anyone in this day would want to look like Slayer with tons of cabs, but.....
You could buy the cabs and sell the speakers. Probably cheaper that way.

Monsta-Tone said:
Guitar Center has tons of Mesa 4x12's for under $500 each.
Not sure why anyone in this day would want to look like Slayer with tons of cabs, but.....
You could buy the cabs and sell the speakers. Probably cheaper that way.

Definitely the way to go, you could make good money selling the speakers.

Latest posts

Back