UK Guys!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMSnell

Reaction score
1992 blackface dual recto, mesa converted UK voltage, perfect condition, not a scrape on it! Random Hero's before mine!

Pics and details can be found at: -

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1577342

£1400 collected please. Buying a VH4!

Email - incipit_black[at]hotmail[dot]com.

:)

Random hero,do you think £50 for his time and skill,sounds reasonable but approx. £200-£300 for a transformer,thats a heck of a lot of money,I may just sell her and buy a crate gx2x12" hahaha,could get one of those tone blasting babies,(hint of sarcasm)

hehehe

Euan
cheers I know a local guy called Dennis Marshall,he is absolutly amazing,does all the mesa tech for westside distribution,the distributor for mesa,he also has his own array of pro amps
emerson williams is his company,he has been in the us a bit recently had a stall at namm,go check these bad boys out

I wouldn't say £50 is extortionate, but I wouldn't really know. The transformer is expensive - you could just get a Step Down Transformer if you plan on buying a US amp?

I already bought a new dual rec(in purple suede) from the US,I then bought a step down transformer from Maplin,it isnt any good because as I turned the amp up to say about 4 on the master volume the amps fuse blew,so I think it is because the transformer is rubbish,Im gonna buy a really decent one by a company called newmarket,its a 2000watt one so that should take care of ALL my boogiein needs,they cost about £80,should run great but now all I have to track down is the huge 4amp sloblow american fuse,do you know where I could get them....online

cheers Random Hero

Euan

I already bought a new dual rec(in purple suede) from the US,I then bought a step down transformer from Maplin,it isnt any good because as I turned the amp up to say about 4 on the master volume the amps fuse blew,so I think it is because the transformer is rubbish,Im gonna buy a really decent one by a company called newmarket,its a 2000watt one so that should take care of ALL my boogiein needs,they cost about £80,should run great but now all I have to track down is the huge 4amp sloblow american fuse,do you know where I could get them....online

cheers Random Hero

Euan

Living_justice said:
that price is to high, i bought a 1992 old dual for £450 with uk converted.
1400 way to much mate, you can get a new engl amp for that much.

You got a complete bargain then. Was it a mint blackface?

Living_justice said:
that price is to high, i bought a 1992 old dual for £450 with uk converted.
1400 way to much mate, you can get a new engl amp for that much.

You bought it off someone who didn't know what it was worth and got lucky then...even if you converted that to $USD at the worst rate this year (almost 2:1)....at $900 you'd only find a handul of those deals here in the US...and the US is much cheaper than the UK for Dual Rectos....supply more plentiful here too.

You got an absolute steal! Pics and proof please ;)

Got this from Newmarket transformers. 01271 879360
This is for running a US model in the UK. A step down transformer.

"When choosing a transformer you need to know the wattage of the
equipment that you want to use it with. The transformer must be of a
higher wattage than the equipment. It does not matter how low the
wattage of the item is as long as the transformer is higher. You could
use a 2000 watt transformer for a variety of houshold items including
say a radio rated as low as 15 watts. When running two items
simultaneously you need to ensure that their combined wattage does not
exceed the wattage of the transformer." the 2000 watt model (overkill, really) is around £70.00

Proof well ill try, will a video clip do, tho with my band playing live or not,
http://www.myspace.com/sumerianeden. if not ill try and get pics on my pc some how, ill post my mark 4 as well.
Its not a black face, but the sound is more important, and works.
no the guy new how much it was mate, he told me, he had a f 50 for gigging old rock style music, so the recto was way over the top.

Living_justice said:
Proof well ill try, will a video clip do, tho with my band playing live or not,
http://www.myspace.com/sumerianeden. if not ill try and get pics on my pc some how, ill post my mark 4 as well.
Its not a black face, but the sound is more important, and works.
no the guy new how much it was mate, he told me, he had a f 50 for gigging old rock style music, so the recto was way over the top.

Like I said, you got lucky with a great deal but one deal doesn't de-value every MB on the planet...walk on (with a smile)! :D

mind you it does help when you know people :wink:. just had my 4x12 old metal grill roadready cab, for £350 and wow iav never had such good tone in my life, with my mark 4.

Back