Typical weak Mark III 'verb, solutions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EleventhHour2139

Reaction score
So I have decided that, out of necessity/tone-snobness :lol: , I will be using the III's reverb instead of my RV-3. I like the reverb the amp has to offer, but would really like more of it. Unfortunately, the reverb mod really isn't a feasible option right now, since I lack both the proficiency to do it myself and funding to ship it off to hq. I'm hoping perhaps a tube swap or the like will net a similar effect, so I figured I would check with yall and see what everyone has to recommend. Thanks all!

i have an ebs dynaverb for sale that is perfect in the loop for that amp.
its the best digital pedal delay i've ever heard.
pm me if your interested.

V4 is the reverb send/return amplifier in the MkIII. I use a vintage Sylvania or Ge tube in that spot as they are strong and bright. Darker sounding tubes (won't go into which ones) will do the opposite. You should be able to locate a Mesa tech in Fla. which can do the standard "Rev Mod". It will still not get you into "Twin Reverb" territory or the "Dick Dale" zone but it is a very warm and usable verb.

JimAnsell said:
Thank you for the offer Jim, but right now I'm trying to keep things as simple (and cost effective) as possible. I'll keep you in mind in case I change my mind (not that that ever happens :roll: :lol: )

Restless Rocks said:
V4 is the reverb send/return amplifier in the MkIII. I use a vintage Sylvania or Ge tube in that spot as they are strong and bright. Darker sounding tubes (won't go into which ones) will do the opposite. You should be able to locate a Mesa tech in Fla. which can do the standard "Rev Mod". It will still not get you into "Twin Reverb" territory or the "Dick Dale" zone but it is a very warm and usable verb.
Right now I'm running a set of JJ's in the preamp. I'm not quite sure if they would fall under "dark" or not, but they are a definite improvement over whatever the previous owner had in there. However, I'm not particularly knowledgeable about tubes (save for the basics), and even less so concerning older/vintage and NOS stuff. Any particular Sylvania or similar you might recommend? On another note, I hadn't even considered something locally. In fact I may give my tech a call tomorrow and see if he would be game for the job. I can't imagine he would have heard of it, so I would probably have to provide a schematic for the mod. Anyone got one handy? I believe there was one posted here a while back, but my search came up empty handed :oops: .

Latest posts

Back