Two Subway Rockets, one footswitch, How ???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have two subway rockets, I would like to send my unprocessed guitar
signal to both and control both with one footswitch. I use few or no effects and they are mono anyway. I want both set amps identical. I've tried the slave and send, recording out methods, all color the sound and response. The amp always had the sounds I want, I just want a little more volume and not have to turn it up past 4. Do they make a din splitter cable? If so, could I plug one subway footswitch into a Y-Din splitter and then from that, run two din cables, one to each footswitch input on back of each subway.

Thanks for the reply, I know how to split and send my guitar signal to both amps, but What I want to do is control the both Subway amps from one subway rocket footswitch. I dont want to switch between one or the other, I want them both to function identically. I'm familiar with Lehle A/B/Y footswitches, they wont accomplish channel switching, reverb on/off contour on/off . Also, I already tried slaving one from the other and send/return configs too which to my ear, took away from the tightness of the sound. Anyone know if I can split the footswitch end connector and then send it to both Subway Rockets ??? Thanks for any suggestions !

Subwayrocket69 said:
Thanks for the reply, I know how to split and send my guitar signal to both amps, but What I want to do is control the both Subway amps from one subway rocket footswitch. I dont want to switch between one or the other, I want them both to function identically. I'm familiar with Lehle A/B/Y footswitches, they wont accomplish channel switching, reverb on/off contour on/off . Also, I already tried slaving one from the other and send/return configs too which to my ear, took away from the tightness of the sound. Anyone know if I can split the footswitch end connector and then send it to both Subway Rockets ??? Thanks for any suggestions !

I'm wondering if this could be as simple as a stereo splitter cable. Is the footswitch for the subway rocket TRS? If so, I don't see why a female TRS to double male TRS plugs wouldn't work. You might even be able to convince Circuit City or the like to take it back if it doesn't work or you could simply try making your own.

Baconator,

i was about to suggest the same thing. My buddy had a subway rocked, and it's the plan old 2 button TRS cable pedal, with led's. I used to use it with my peavey amp because it had led's until i put led's in my peavey amp pedal. if you just get an adaptor that splits the TRS into 2 TRS plugs it should work. Word of caution, make sure both amps are plugged into the same circuit a.k.a wall outlet. Just in cause one outlet has a different ground level.

Subwayrocket69 said:
I have two subway rockets, I would like to send my unprocessed guitar
signal to both and control both with one footswitch. I use few or no effects and they are mono anyway. I want both set amps identical. I've tried the slave and send, recording out methods, all color the sound and response. The amp always had the sounds I want, I just want a little more volume and not have to turn it up past 4. Do they make a din splitter cable? If so, could I plug one subway footswitch into a Y-Din splitter and then from that, run two din cables, one to each footswitch input on back of each subway.

Would you sell your extra footswitch (Contour)? Mine seems to be broken. :(

If the y-cable thing doesn't work (I wonder about the voltage to power the footswitch LED's...), you could use a MIDI Octopus to control the switching on both, and simple MIDI pedal to give you the three footswitchable options.

If you have a three button foot switch, it 's a "din" connector, under the chassis in the back, right?
Sure you don't get a decent sound running the effect send of amp #1 into the effect return of amp#2? That gives you two power sections under the control of amp#1's pre-amp.

Back