Two Channel Triple Rectifier Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use Spongy/Bold

• Spongy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grendeltone

Reaction score
I have a two channel Triple Rectifier and I was curious what settings everyone else uses for their amp.

I use tube rectifier, 6L6's, bold, don't change the orange to red or vice versa... and also have the amp for clean for the orange.

I have tried using the spongy setting, but I just don't get the responsiveness/tone out of it.. I can get more gritty of a sound.. but what do you guys use?

I have two different EQ settings for my clean and dirty.. my clean has the master almost at 12 o'clock and the dirty is at 11 o'clock with gain at 2 o'clock.

I am curious what other players use..

i always use the bold settingon my 2 channel dual, for me the spongy setting sounds kinda muddy and dull.

depends on my mood and what sound I am going for. On my Stiletto I favor Spongy when playing alone and Bold with the band.

When I had the Stiletto, I used the Spongy for the leads... and 50 watt setting.. and clean channel was set at 100...

It was weird for me because I wasn't an EL34 person...

when i had my dual rec (2 channel), i had it set to silicon diodes, spongy with the red channel cloned to vintage.

scotbot said:
when i had my dual rec (2 channel), i had it set to silicon diodes, spongy with the red channel cloned to vintage.

Did you have different EQ settings for each channel or different gain settings for the channels? How many other people used the silicon diodes for tone? I couldn't get the feel and sound out of my amp that way...

Latest posts

Back