Tweed, what do you use it for and how do you set it up?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
I have been using FAT for cleans and MARK I for mid gain stuff.

I started to play with TWEED, but I cant seem to get a sound I like.

What do you use TWEED for and how do you set up the channel?

I hit the gain and master hard in tweed / bold. I have popped in 12AX7 Tung Sol reissues that have a bit more sting. The channel is no good for clean or moderate grind like that, it is good for old Black Sabbath, early Judas IMO. I am playing a JP6. Like the MK1 mode, it does seem to need some volume to get right. Funny you find it not a good mode. I find it one of my favs. But then again I feel like the Edge mode is a waste of a toggle switch position.. :?

lesterpaul said:
tweed-variac-10 watt mode-dimed the gain and chan. volume...made the paint on my GT tubes melt!!!...smelled like victory!-thick and bad ***..methinks this and the mk 1 setting is where the mojo resides 8)

hahaha, I love it!

I'll check it out.

Heritage Softail said:
I hit the gain and master hard in tweed / bold. I have popped in 12AX7 Tung Sol reissues that have a bit more sting. The channel is no good for clean or moderate grind like that, it is good for old Black Sabbath, early Judas IMO. I am playing a JP6. Like the MK1 mode, it does seem to need some volume to get right. Funny you find it not a good mode. I find it one of my favs. But then again I feel like the Edge mode is a waste of a toggle switch position.. :?

Didn't mean to make it sound that way.

At first I couldn't get Mark I to work for me either, but now its my favorite mode. So I'm looking for some setup ideas.

Heritage Softail said:

Didn't mean to make it sound that way.

At first I couldn't get Mark I to work for me either, but now its my favorite mode. So I'm looking for some setup ideas.

Im using tweed in 10w mode with the gain up moderatly. in the EQ, I like to add a mid hump (reverse V) with the high end down pretty far. This has a pretty cool falvor to it for some lead type work, adn some smooth rythm playin. Hitting it hard doesnt seem to do a whole lot for me though...

In fact when I DIG into notes on any channel, it doesnt seem to respond well. I found Im better off lightening my touch up.

Back