tuning up a Studio 22

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou

Reaction score
Ya know...I've never replaced a tube before.
My boogie 22 was squealing a little in the lead channel
Maintainence reco was changing V1 pre amp tube if turning down the treble reduced feedback

I replaced 2 of the 5 preamp tubes with new tung-sol 12ax7's

Wow! what a difference
So then I did some searches and saw that I probably should change the power tubes
So I just put in 2 Vintage RI Mullards, bias matched EL84's

Man it's like a new amp. tone, volume all amazing.

so a little more research and I just ordered two more 12ax7's by Electo Harmonix as I read they are fat and warm. (someone on here...can't remember...thanks though)

I am going to slot them into V1 and V2 move the Tung-sol's to V3 and 4

Wow...I just pumped.........who knew!!!!????

Haha I remember feeling the same way when I first changed my tubes. I couldn't believe that it was making such a difference. It does get addicting after a while, you'll start buying different tubes just to try in different positions. Every time a new tube or set comes its like Christmas morning! Sometimes your really surprised and delighted, and sometimes its a little disappointing, but its always fun!

Hello !

I need a little help here !

I want to know what is the power consumption in WATTS, for a Mesa Boogie Studio .22 . I'm waiting for an amp like this to arrive from the USA in few days and I need to know thsi detail in order to buy for the amp a power suplier from 220V - to 110V !!!

THANKS A LOT !!! Marcian - from Romania

my email is - [email protected]

Back