Tuner placement...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
Just curious, but where does everybody place their tuner pedal?...I use a Boss TU-2 and have it placed 3rd in line after a Boss CS-3 and my Budda Wah...I've heard of people placing it in their effects loop, any opinions about that?...My main goal about everything in this post is about the tuner affecting my tone...Any opinions would be great.

Know anything about putting it in the effects loop?...Does it cause any loss in tone placed anywhere?...Thanx for your reply.

Yo Dax!

I have the TU-2. First it definitely changes the tone of your guitar.
The better your gear, the more noticeable the change in tone.

I bought a "double loop" loop pedal. (loooper.com)(yes, loooper with 3 o's) My pedals go through loop #1 and the tuner goes through loop #2.
The tuner is always on but has no signal going to it until I hit the switch on the looper. Keeps your tone pure when the pedals aren't being used.

They have stock single, double or triple loopers or they'll make any configuration for you, very reasonable $$$$.

Good luck!

I use a Peterson Strobo Stomp....signal path is: Guitar to Morley Little Alligator Volume to Morley Bad Horsie II wah to TC Electronics stereo chorus/flanger to a modded phase 90 INTO THE PETERSON into front of Road King Combo. Guayatone Micro Delay in Loop 1.

The Peterson has a dip switch inside that you choose either the DI mode or true bypass....the true bypass really is TRUE....no color to the sound at all.

RB

Back