Tubes glowing HOT!!!!! Orange Help!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sistine35

Reaction score
Last night i was at my bands rehersal for a gig this weekend and we had been going for about 4 hours when i was playing on my red channel and i noticed my tone just started sucking bad. It was really crackly and didnt have any focus. Realy random sounds. Then i looked in my amp i noticed my 2 6l6's next to the 5u4gb's were clowing like Ridiculously hot and the other two closer to my clean channel side were just in there normal state.

Does anyone know what caused this problem?
Could it have been how long the amp was on. Or do I have some potential tube failure going on?

I need to know asap guys.

Dual rec 3 channel

it's weird that the potentially damaged tubes would be next to each other. mesa runs tubes in parallel. the outside tubes work together and the inside tubes work together. i don't think it matters if it was on for 4 hours (i mean possibly, but highly doubtful). i really don't know what it could be. power failures, power tube failures, the way you had things plugged in...

It sounds rather vague but if your tubes are redplating or hotplating then I would seriously recommend changing them out before you do anything else.

Try this and get back to us... the amount of time you had it on has nothing to do with it, I've jammed for 7 or 8 hours on mine with no problem..

How about swapping them for the ones that aren't glowing as much to see if it's the tubes or the sockets?

Ciao ...

Try reseating your power tubes. Then swap out pairs as necessary. If still having issues after replacing power tubes check your rectifier tubes and your would be PI tube in the preamp. If after replacing all those it is still having issues get it serviced.

Back