Tube with broken guide pin

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunda1216

Reaction score
it will be fine. Just make sure the tube is correctly positioned by comparing pin placement with a tube that has an intact guide.

You can get a base with guide pin replacement from antique electronic supply.A pack of 4 is about $10.

stokes said:
You can get a base with guide pin replacement from antique electronic supply.A pack of 4 is about $10.

This is a great idea! Otherwise, you just have to be really careful installing the tubes. Serious damage can occur. I repaired a Super Reverb where the center tap on the heater leads from the PT was burned off- I believe due to a tube being installed incorrectly without a guide pin! The PT itself was not internally damaged and there was enough wire left protruding from the PT to attach a new lead.

Very easy to use.Just be sure any remnants of the old guide pin are removed as druck has pointed out.Also be sure to fit so the guide is in the right position.A drop of silicon or some type of glue,I used a very small amount of Gorilla glue,will hold it in place.It isnt absolutely needed,but the new base may stay in the socket if you remove the tube from the amp.

Back