Tube Help/Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarmaniac

Reaction score
In a Mesa F-50, they come with Chinese 6L6 Tubes.What other Power tubes would be able to run in their place.There seem to be different number/letter 6L6's.Are there an quality Russian or European tubes anyone can recommend?

guitarmaniac said:
In a Mesa F-50, they come with Chinese 6L6 Tubes.What other Power tubes would be able to run in their place.There seem to be different number/letter 6L6's.Are there an quality Russian or European tubes anyone can recommend?
Mesa's standard STR-430 6L6 is actually a Russian Sovtek IIRC. You can use any 6L6 you want as long as it falls within the Mesa bias range. For example, I have Ruby 6L6GCMSTRs in mine from www.dougstubes.com that are matched to Mesa's bias.

[/quote]Mesa's standard STR-430 6L6 is actually a Russian Sovtek IIRC. You can use any 6L6 you want as long as it falls within the Mesa bias range. For example, I have Ruby 6L6GCMSTRs in mine from www.dougstubes.com that are matched to Mesa's bias.[/quote]

Thanks for the info!!!

Back