TS9 Baked Mod (review)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holdsworth

Reaction score
I've been giving my TS9 baked mod a good going over this evening, with the aid of my Mesa/Boogie Mark IV and Budda wah. Wow, what a tone! I can't believe how much singing sustain this pedal adds to an already great distortion amp. The pedal is very natural and transparent sounding; it doesn't so much change your tone but fattens it up and adds that extra oomph factor! This particular TS9 mod has three times the distortion of a regular TS9 pedal on tap, which is really helpful on clean channels, but I tend to put it around half way to add to my distorted sound. My Rhythm 2 channel on my Mark IV used to act as a dirty clean channel, but with the TS9 kicked in it sounds more powerful and has more sweet sustain than my lead channels with no TS9!! Kick the TS9 in on my lead channel and I get a very nicely compressed, sustaining lead sound (just think Vai's tone on Taurus Bulba!).

I would really recommend this pedal if you're thinking about it, it is everything I was hoping it would be. My only criticism is that it can easily feedback if you layer too much distortion on distortion, but in moderation this thing really smokes!! It also has a cool, white LED. 8)

Latest posts

Back