TS808 tube screammer and a rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asyougo

Reaction score
I have begun using a TS808 in the clean channel of my Series I rectoverb and it sounds fantastic! I use a Les Paul like humbucker guitar(Heritage, the real Les Paul), Semour Duncan pups - Seth Lover in the neck and a 59 in thr bridge.

Anyone else try this? How does it sound?

I now have two wonderful lead tones, the TS808 sound - warm, fat, round, cleaner, and the vintage mode - warm, edgey, much sustain, crunchy, chuncky.

asyougo said:
I have begun using a TS808 in the clean channel of my Series I rectoverb and it sounds fantastic! I use a Les Paul like humbucker guitar(Heritage, the real Les Paul), Semour Duncan pups - Seth Lover in the neck and a 59 in thr bridge.

Anyone else try this? How does it sound?

I now have two wonderful lead tones, the TS808 sound - warm, fat, round, cleaner, and the vintage mode - warm, edgey, much sustain, crunchy, chuncky.

I use a TS clone with my 3ch Triple for my cover band, so I have:

Clean on green
OD w/the pedal on
Vintage, "Marshally" on orange
Modern on red

It works pretty well for getting four tones, which pretty much covers everything I do in that band. I just bought a Nobels Alex 1 so I could sitch the OD in and out with my midi switching system.

I was using a Boogie V-Twin as my stomp with my 2 and 3 channel boogies, but since I got the Road King I decided to try my Tubescreamer again....... I love it!! I find myself using it quite a bit. I still have the V-Twin (in my gig box), but I'm using the TS for now and lovin' it.

Are you using modded TSs or new stock ones? I've been wondering about getting one to use with my LSC to add another flavor.

Mines a stock TS.... It's actually a TS-10. I've always liked those better, since the early 90s. I've always had problems with the TS-9s pedal not working, so I stuck with the TS-10 (got 2 of em, one is a backup).

I was thinking about a LS, before I got's me a RK, and using it with my V-Twin. I wonder how that would sound? In a way I'm glad I didn't, because I absolutely love my RK.

Hey tele_jas when you use the TS with the RK do you just use the level control of the TS or gain as well?Also what is the main reason you use it, solos?Do you turn down the gain on the amp and up on the pedal and balance them, or just use it to get more gain?I am assuming the balancing thing since I was under the impression that the RK had plenty of gain as is.

I have my TS set up with the:
* gain about 1:00
* tone about 12:00
* level about 1:00

* I use it on my clean channel to give it a little bit of a blues crunch and with my tele for some country stuff

* I use it on my Brit channel for a bit more gain

* I don't use it on ch 3 (thats my over the top channel)

* Channel 4 I have set up as a medium gain and I'll kick in the TS for a bit more crunch.

So, with the TS it's almost like having an 8 channel amp instead of just 4 channels.

I basically used my Boogie V-Twin the same way, except it has more options and sounds too close to the next channel in my amp when I use it, so I decided to try the TS.

You can pick up a used TS for about $35 - $100 on ebay. Like I said, I've owned the TS-9 and TS-10 and I like the TS-10's better, but that's all opinion too.

Hope that helps :wink:

Its funny this thread came up. I use a TS-9 as on my clean channel on a series 1 rectoverb. I use it to get an inbetween sound so I can have a slightly dirty/gainy channel. I also use it on the clean channel with the solo boost button which is good for punchy clean/dirty leads. I really never use it on the gain channel though, in fact sometimes I forget if I am using all three channels in a song and I really don't notice its on.......lol.

tele_jas said:
I have my TS set up with the:
* gain about 1:00
* tone about 12:00
* level about 1:00

* I use it on my clean channel to give it a little bit of a blues crunch and with my tele for some country stuff

* I use it on my Brit channel for a bit more gain

* I don't use it on ch 3 (thats my over the top channel)

* Channel 4 I have set up as a medium gain and I'll kick in the TS for a bit more crunch.

So, with the TS it's almost like having an 8 channel amp instead of just 4 channels.

I basically used my Boogie V-Twin the same way, except it has more options and sounds too close to the next channel in my amp when I use it, so I decided to try the TS.

You can pick up a used TS for about $35 - $100 on ebay. Like I said, I've owned the TS-9 and TS-10 and I like the TS-10's better, but that's all opinion too.

Hope that helps :wink:
Ah cool, yeah I may look into one after getting my RoadKing back.Only I need a delay pedal first.As it is since my amp doesn't have much gain I was using a Boss OD-2 or something and it sucks something fierce.

Latest posts

Back