Trying to get JPs dry wet cab effects

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R3dlined

Reaction score
I currently have a 2:90/Triaxis/Gmajor set up. I wanted to try and thicken up my sound like he does having a dry cab and a wet cab. Unfortunately, I don't have two cabs I just have a stereo cab.

What I was thinking to try is use the dual delay in the gmajor. Set the first delay to no delay and pan that hard left so a dry signal will be on the left side. Set the second delay to like 30ms and pan that hard right.

I think this will give me a "almost" stereo bigger sound (would obviously sound better with two cabs, but the PAs where we play will take care of that with mics).

Any thoughts?

30 ms is too much.
Between 4 and 6 ms is better.
30 ms you will have a delayed guitar,with 3-6 ms it will sound like if you have another guitarrist playing with you(stereo guitars).

It won't work because you have to send your guitar signal to the left side and ONLY delayed(3-4ms) signal to the other side.
If you send your guitar's signal to both sides,that won't be a stereo spread,just a right side delayed guitar.

1- left side guitar with no delay.
2- right side without guitar's sound ,only delay here (3-6 ms)
:wink:

Latest posts

Back