Trouble with my Mark V combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture2152

Reaction score
idk when I take it to practice it starts out fine, once my group gets practicing though I have to turn it up loud. When that happens after a while I get this Giant loud buzz noise my guitar can't be heard and it's only on the high gain channel. I think it might be the speaker since I've plugged it into both 8 ohm inputs.

Anyone else know whats wrong with it?

It happened to me and my Mark V at a gig (I may have posted about it) in September. Started cutting in and out like morse code on the lead channel. Never happened before at home or rehearsal so I thought it was a power thing or cable issue. I gigged Saturday night and it started to do the same thing. I noticed that the singer had stepped on my footswitch cable (close to the footswitch) just before it happened so I turned the amp off and re-fit the footswitch cable, turned it on and it didn't happen again that night.

I'm still concerned, but starting to think that it might be happeneing when the footswitch cable connection is molested in any way. Any of that sound familiar to you?

Absolutely! I love my Mark V, but if there is a fault with it, it is the footswitch cable and how it connects both on the head and on the footswitch. The weight of the cable will cause problems where it connects to the head/combo. I have to loop mine through the handle to take the stress off of the connection. I don't know if there are better designs out there or not, maybe they are just using standard parts and it is what it is, but it seems like it is so easy to disconnect or bump loose.

Latest posts

Back