Triple recto (vintage mode appreciation)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David.W

Reaction score
I retubed my head a few weeks ago, and we havnt been jamming for a while so ive been tone digging. I went with winged =c= but I may get some EL-34's to further this experiment.

Anyone else using the vintage mode on the 3ch rectos? Im blown away by channel 2 vintage I get this warm Queens of the stone age/ Foo's sound out of it, without that nu-metal bite, its unreal, like unlocking a new head.

Im finding that the modern settings (although excellent) can smother your guitar and even your playing at times, making it very uniformed in sound, but vintage mode seems to take a back seat to the guitar.

anyway, just wondering how others are finding it.

i dig the hell out f my 2 channel's vintage mode. i got the same opinion as you, i think it sounds awesome.

oh yea, i am really into my vintage mode right now, im running the gain around 2 o'clock with an overdrive, and im getting a pretty good metallica sond ot out my 97 dual

Have you guys tried turning the loop on, cranking the the output and using the preamp volume carefully? I think with EL34's I could almost nail a JCM800 tone here. This is an amazing tone, its so passive and velvety (my new word). Though still lots of body.

Back