Triple Recto owners tell me .....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silicone diodes or rectifier tubes

• slicone diodes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rectifier tubes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First thank you for all the answers

Every time i play it I get closer and closer to what I am looking for but I am planning to slap new pre amp tubes in for sure as I don''t feel there is enough gain at all and the guy could not tell me what tubes are in it so he could even have lower gain tubes in it allready.

I am also not able to crank it up much here at home tomorrow night we rehearse so I will get to play with it more then I have also found that the tubes work best when they have been on for a while meaning like an hour or so they tend to get much better sounding every tube amp I have had before was fine after a half an hour so this is something I didn't think of either.

Again thanks for the comments and any more on pre amp tubes will be most appreciated I can not afford to swap out the EL34's any time soon and they appear to be working fine so I would like to try and nail it as close as possible in the preamp section.

Dylan

mrdylan said:
I don''t feel there is enough gain at all and the guy could not tell me what tubes are in it so he could even have lower gain tubes in it

Dylan

That's a distinct possibility. I've never heard anyone say the recto's were lacking in gain. FWIW my Triple has more gain at 2:30-3:00 than my marshall 6100 did with the gain wide open and an overdrive pedal.

The difference by opting for silicone diodes or tube "rectification" has no affect to the amps power rating, whether it's a Dual or Triple. Mrdylan was gathering information on what the majority favor as a tonal solution when "rectifying" the signal.

yes sorry to divert the thread too I just seen the triple and jumped on it figuring i could nail the most triple owners here

I do have a triple and I am loving it more and more each day too by the way in the Diodes setting.

:lol:

Back