Triple recto loop sweet spot???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogboy131

Reaction score
When I engage my loop the thick tone turns into a thinner more saturated tone. Does a pre amp tube control it? Could that be the case?

The loop has these confusing settings. When I set everything to normal on the back loop wise, I have a huge drop in tone, even if the items in the loop are switched off.

The tones goes from thick goodnees to open wah style.

dogboy131 said:
When I engage my loop the thick tone turns into a thinner more saturated tone. Does a pre amp tube control it?
.......When I set everything to normal on the back loop wise, I have a huge drop in tone, even if the items in the loop are switched off.

First off is this a 2- or 3-channel Triple? (Probably applies to both, but since I have a 3-ch, this is my point of reference.)

V4 is the loop driver/return preamp tube. Not a big player in the tone department, but it does have to be a good tube and not too noisy.

Set your FX Send to around 1:00 (toward the high side of "normal") and the FX Mix around 12:00 and connect the send directly to the return with a short patch cable. Footswitch the loop in/out and adjust the FX send until there is no change in volume w/ or w/out the loop on. Now reconnect your effects as usual, making sure that the fx mix/blend/wet/dry/whatever on each effect is all the way up. Adjust the FX Mix on the amp to give the desired balance between the amp's direct sound and the effected sound. If your effected sound seems distorted (particularly digital delays and reverbs), turn the Channel Masters down and the Output up to get your volume back.

I agree the amp sounds better with the loop hard-bypassed, but not so much better to sacrifice FX and the solo boost for live playing....when you are committing your tone to tape, sure bypass the loop and add FX later in the mixing process.

Back