Triple Rectifier volume loss+strange noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werihukka

Reaction score
Greeting from Finland.

I just got this problem with my 2 ch Triple Recto. First I thought the problem was the tubes that were "a bit" (read: Very) old, but after changing them to brand new ones the problem still remained.

There was like a "seashore"-kind of sound coming through the speakers when switching the amp from standby to on and from on to standby. Then there was a great loss of volume and some strange distortion even on clean channel and when I raised the volume, the lowest bass frequencys boosted to very unpleasant stages.

All the cables are ok. It got slightly better by bypasing the loop, but the problem still remained the same.

I took my amp to a proper tech and it's still there. The guy said that he has not noticed any problem with the amp and it works ok.

Does anyone have experience of this kind of problem?

I hate to say but you may have gotten a bad batch of new tubes. I also see you're in Finland. Are you using the proper transformer converter and such?

The problem was even with the old tubes. So I think the tubes are fine. The transformer is proper, too. The amp worked about 8 months perfectly and suddenly this thing appeared.

Yesterday I received a message from the tech and he said that he now noticed the symptoms I described.

Have to wait I guess...

Latest posts

Back