Triple Rectifier Problems - No LEDS or Output

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generatorman

Reaction score
I purchased a used triple rec that worked perfectly fine as a back up to my H&K MKII. I used the Triple for about 6 months to test it's integrity and get it 'set' to my liking, I then stored it in a ATA case with a desiccant for about another half year. Recently I broke it out to "exercise" it, and plugged it all in and everything came alive...Pilot, LED's (both on the panel and the pedal board), Tubes glowing, and I was allowing it to warm up a bit when I noticed the LED's were no longer illuminated (Neither pedal board nor the panel), however the pilot was on. I flipped it off of standby thinking maybe something would happen and I got the normal "thump" and "hiss" like it was ready to play, but when I plugged my guitar in....nothing - no sound. Checked with two spare guitars, two cables - both tested through my H&K and known to be good. I removed the pedal board and attempted to change the channels manually - no go, switched modes, still nothing. So I popped the amp out of the chassis (after unplugging and powering down), I removed all the tubes, cleaned the sockets and tube terminals with contact cleaner and re-installed in original locations, tested the fuse and 'swept' all the pots and switches. Checked the PCB's for obvious burn marks, scorching, or any other obvious defects...couldn't come up with anything. I noticed the power tubes are glowing, but the rectifier tubes are not. If anyone has experienced this can you shed some light on it please? or If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for any information on the problem. I'm pretty certain I do not have a Power tube issue.

Latest posts

Back