Triple Rect. EMG Settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliensExist4

Reaction score
I'm playing with some new EMG 81/85 pickups in my guitar. I'm playing some hard rock, hardcore music and just wanted to see if anyone had some good setting sout there with these pickups. I'm mainly looking for a heavier tone. I'm using a triple rect. 2 channel head through a mesa 4x12 Trad. Rect. Slant and a Mesa 2x12. Thanks

- Patrick

What kind of guitar? Do you know what kind of wood it is made out of?

When I had my Triple, I found that with my Les Paul Custom (mahogany w/maple top) the 85 worked best in the bridge position, and the 81 was a good volume match at the neck. The 81 just did not have as much punch and urgency at the bridge like the 85 does IMO. I also installed the PA-2 booster, which I have set at about halfway ( +8-10 dB ) to help tighten up the low end.

Use moderate settings on the amp and don't over-do the bass. Don't crank the gain,if you need more gain, boost the front end with a pedal or the PA-2. The more you crank the gain and treble, the less all the other controls will work. You will have a hard time shaping the sound.

Dom

Check out the link below. There are several user submitted settings.

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/view-recto-settings.html

Back