Triple Rec Loop output control always on,even in bypass

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindsirens

Reaction score
Even when the rear rotary pot is switched to bypass,the output control is still active. Any ideas? Is this normal with some mesa's?

blindsirens said:
Even when the rear rotary pot is switched to bypass,the output control is still active. Any ideas? Is this normal with some mesa's?

Have you read page 9 of your Manual? Specifically Note 1... Read your manual folks.

pg10 on mine
1.Assign rotary allows any combination...or completely remove it...
Note: Loop bypass defeats front panel output and solo controls...etc.

Like I said Loop bypass is selected and the Output control is still active. I went in to a store,found an identical mesa selected loop bypass and the Output ctrl has no effect. Whats causing these differences?

I understand what your saying and thats great in addition to efx return it can be used as a master with the other three level pots being channel volumes. But again,
I went in to a store,found an identical mesa selected loop bypass and the Output ctrl has no effecton the amps volume. I'm just saying with mine even in loop bypass mode that output ctrl is still active. I guess I'm just not getting it.

Just curious, can you hear an audible difference between engaging/disengeging the loop? Is the loop actually still in when the bypass mode is selected? What about the solo control? And is there a light on the front that indicates the loop on/off? What's it doing?

There are no leds to indicate loop status.

Yes,when the loop selector is set to bypass the loop output control is still active. I had a pedal plugged in the loop and no matter what the rotary selector was set to the loop was on.
If you set the loop to ch3 and were currently on channel 2 you can hear the loop efx. With nothing plugged in the loop,set it to bypass and you can turn the send & return controls and hear them affecting the sound.

Is there something wrong with this head?
The person above says this is normal?

I am going back to the store and check a version they have again and make sure. I could have sworn the version there switched out all loop controls when you set the rotary to bypass,making the ch volumes all master volumes. I just want to know if there is something definitely wrong with the head and make sure its not me.

Latest posts

Back