Tried Stiletto Deuce II this weekend...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Reaction score
Imho the Stilettos aren't a rip off... it's just a different kind of amp.

The only two problems I have with mine are the lack of reverb and the lack of a footswitchable fx loop like the rectos have. I have NO idea why they didn't do that with this amp I would have gotten a ton of use out of it.

rabies said:
I'd say b/c of a lack of some of the features I've described, the Stiletto series is over-priced. And that's unfortunate, b/c I've rarely seen Decue II's show up on eBay. And perhaps that's why this series doesn't sell as well as some of the other models???

The Mark IV ftswtch is $239. $1849 (head) -239 = 1610.

Stiletto ftswtch is $99. $1699 (deuce head) -99 = 1600.

In terms of features, which is a better deal???

If the amp you buy isn't "your" amp, it doesn't matter what it costs. I gigged with a MK IV for three years, a DR for two, and had just bought a Roadster, but when I heard the new Stiletto I knew I had to have it even though it meant losing my a$$ on that Roadster.

Now that made for an expensive Stiletto.

Have you seen sales figures for the Stilettos? Are you sure they don't sell well? Maybe people are keeping them because they sound good.

Sounds to me like you should take a big break from guitarplaying? Bottom line is you wouldn`t recommend the Stiletto considering it a rip off? Which amp would you prefer then?

condi rice uses a stiletto, I think her footswitch comes with an EQ switch.

she plays shred with her mangled bottle-opener teeth.

rabies said:
One day another instrument will replace the guitar in terms of popularity. Maybe.

Personally I'm waiting for the return of the clarinet.

hmmm... think I'll go home and fire up some Artie Shaw.

rabies said:
I'd say b/c of a lack of some of the features I've described, the Stiletto series is over-priced. And that's unfortunate, b/c I've rarely seen Decue II's show up on eBay. And perhaps that's why this series doesn't sell as well as some of the other models???

The Mark IV ftswtch is $239. $1849 (head) -239 = 1610.

Stiletto ftswtch is $99. $1699 (deuce head) -99 = 1600.

In terms of features, which is a better deal???

That's right. Stilettos are a rip off...

Stiletto's are absolutely my favorite Mesa

I have never been a really happy on guitar till I got my stiletto duece.
Now, I am happy and have a lot less stress in my life-my sound cuts through the mix well and gigs are fun. You can listen to a stiletto on the music section of http://www.randylema.com It's just my cover band but you can really hear a stilleto I w/hw mod, 4x12 standard, and crybaby wah-thats about it-a DD3, or TS9 here an there.

rabies said:
SimpleMind said:
Sounds to me like you should take a big break from guitarplaying? Bottom line is you wouldn`t recommend the Stiletto considering it a rip off? Which amp would you prefer then?

I need a big break from lots of things. But I'm going to Eastern europe in less than 14 days for 2 week vacation.

Sounds like you need to re-evaluate life in general - discover the real you a little bit more. The answer doesn't lie in being cynical or negative. The existence of Mesa shows beyond any doubt that The Universe is friendly to us and wants to bring about the actualization of the self (the good and true self) within us all. Dig down deep buddy. Your soul knows what it wants and the power within you is more than enough to begin discovering and realizing what the soul wants and needs.

Latest posts

Back